My Facebook is Deactivated | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a huge component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media manager. Not only do I utilize it to communicate with friends and family-- but I'm forever including content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

My Facebook Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my surprise when I tried to sign right into Facebook one early morning only to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even imply?

I tried to visit with one more web browser as well as I got the very same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a kind submission web page for those wanting to write to Facebook about their disabled account, and I emailed them basically asking why my account was impaired and just how I can get access back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I take care of a variety of web pages for customers, as well as was always mindful about the web content I posted-- besides, my moms and dads are on Facebook also.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an email to the buddies that's e-mail addresses I in fact had and explained what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were only able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that e-mail were classified into 3 different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you published political stuff (I like Ron Paul as well as shared content regarding #OWS).
- Perhaps someone flagged you.

I research some of the short articles by others who have had their accounts disabled to figure out why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without advising I ought to add. The publishing days on the articles cover the life time of Facebook, revealing that the firm has actually for life gotten on a behind the curtain campaign of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I discovered some short articles by famous blog owners or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook found who they disabled. For the rest people, we're basically on our very own.

Reviewing these short articles didn't instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The realization of what I shed was starting to embed in too.

For many years I had computers crash, taken, shed, etc. as well as relied on Facebook to organize all my travel and event images. The web site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not publish all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and also household to see at their discretion? There were well over 2000 photos, countless videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't been able to reconnect with many that were all shed when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a really grim scenario as I better recognized simply what was shed.

I had to gain back accessibility to Facebook to handle the pages for my clients, and likewise for my very own ventures. Much of my pages' admin access were shared with a partner and also were quickly set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shown my clients, whom I needed to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, also, would certainly examine the individual I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was impaired. Would not you?

I still do not have a response to that concern. "I have no idea" is the answer I still offer, since its real. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason that my account was handicapped. After checking out the factors Facebook handicapped accounts on their page I was still at night. I didn't spam-add individuals, article sex-related content, harass anyone. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Only after I review various other write-ups did I recognize a bit more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, however meant different than the rest of my household. I likewise had a client that lately utilized a competition promo to boost their email checklist. According to Facebook advertising guidelines, competitions can only be run on Facebook via a couple of applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook page and it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't precisely held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and also the champion was informed via e-mail (you can not reveal champions on your wall), I was positive this was the annoying action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this point it was about a week given that I initially created Facebook that fateful morning, as well as I still hadn't gotten a reply. I revisited the web page enabling me to get in touch with Facebook, and discussed that I now had a far better concept regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I promised never to do something like that once again (was it actually that poor??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited once again. After a few even more days I understood something. something really important-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never gotten the email because it was readied to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent out another e-mail to Facebook, this time around letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this email, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later I lastly received an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only response I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent reaction-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make sure there should be a person there with much better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never know if/when they'll decide to remove you.
2. Do not manage your various client's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets removed, you will not shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs that's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a buddy" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month considering that I had my account impaired, and had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I have not attempted to speak to Facebook straight because I got the e-mail from Javier, yet I did begin the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I handle a few MU sites and if you desire someone off your site, of course erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded content onto the website-- No images to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook should allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their close friends status updates (rather than 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit elder in this area-- specifically with their IPO introduced. I'm really taking into consideration buying stock so they will certainly have to listen to my grievance-- at the minimum I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, and if so how?