Is My Facebook Account Deactivated | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a large part in my life is a little bit of an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media manager. Not just do I utilize it to stay connected with family and friends-- yet I'm forever adding material to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Is My Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my shock when I tried to authorize into Facebook one morning only to get the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that also indicate?

I tried to log in with an additional internet browser and also I got the very same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook supplied a form submission page for those wishing to write to Facebook regarding their impaired account, as well as I emailed them generally asking why my account was impaired as well as exactly how I can obtain access back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I described that I take care of a selection of pages for customers, and was constantly conscious regarding the content I published-- besides, my moms and dads get on Facebook also.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the good friends that's e-mail addresses I in fact had as well as clarified what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were only able to be spoken to by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were classified into three various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you uploaded political things (I such as Ron Paul as well as shared material about #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I research a few of the short articles by others who have actually had their accounts impaired to learn why my own was unexpectedly drawn-- without alerting I should add. The posting days on the articles extend the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the company has permanently gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I found some write-ups by well-known blog owners or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook discovered that they disabled. For the rest people, we're generally on our own.

Reading these posts really did not impart much hope in me or my circumstance. The realization of what I shed was starting to embed in too.

For many years I had computers collision, stolen, lost, etc. as well as depend on Facebook to organize all my travel and also party photos. The web site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not publish all my photos on Facebook for my friends as well as family to view at their discretion? There were well over 2000 photos, plenty of video clips, post (notes), plus all the contacts (I still haven't been able to reconnect with several that were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a very bleak circumstance as I further recognized simply what was shed.

I had to gain back access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my customers, as well as also for my very own enterprises. A number of my pages' admin access were shown a companion and were easily held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shown to my customers, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and also rightfully so. I, also, would question the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was impaired. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a solution to that concern. "I have no concept" is the solution I still provide, since its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason that my account was impaired. After reading the factors Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add individuals, message sexual content, bug anyone. so why they removed me really did not make sense. Just after I read various other write-ups did I recognize a little bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, but not by a lot. It was still phonetically the exact same, however spelled different than the remainder of my household. I additionally had a client that just recently utilized a competition promo to increase their e-mail list. According to Facebook promotional standards, contests can only be run on Facebook through a couple of apps: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook page and it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition had not been specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and also the champion was notified via email (you can not announce champions on your wall surface), I was positive this was the offending action which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Adieu'.

Now it had to do with a week considering that I initially wrote Facebook that fateful morning, and I still had not received a reply. I took another look at the web page enabling me to contact Facebook, and clarified that I now had a better suggestion concerning why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I promised never to do something like that once again (was it truly that bad??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited once more. After a few more days I recognized something. something really vital-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever obtained the e-mail because it was readied to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this time letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this email, I would have never ever gotten it.

A couple of days later I finally got an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only action I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I'm sure there need to be somebody there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never understand if/when they'll make a decision to erase you.
2. Don't manage your different client's pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains erased, you won't lose them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a pal" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month because I had my account disabled, and had great deals of time to assess the experience. I have not tried to contact Facebook straight because I obtained the email from Javier, however I did begin the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the negative experience.

Do I want Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I take care of a few MU sites and if you desire somebody off your site, by all means erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook must enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them recover their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies status updates (as opposed to 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit elder in this field-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock so they will need to pay attention to my issue-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and also if so exactly how?