Facebook Account Deactivated | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a little bit of an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media manager. Not just do I use it to communicate with friends and family-- however I'm permanently adding web content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I tried to authorize into Facebook one morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also suggest?

I tried to log in with an additional internet browser and also I obtained the same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a kind entry page for those wishing to write to Facebook concerning their disabled account, and I emailed them basically asking why my account was handicapped and how I can get gain access to back to the countless web pages I'm an admin for. I described that I manage a selection of web pages for customers, and also was always conscious about the content I posted-- nevertheless, my parents are on Facebook as well.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the buddies that's e-mail addresses I actually had and explained what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were only able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were classified right into three various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political stuff (I like Ron Paul as well as shared material about #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I read up on some of the articles by others that have actually had their accounts impaired to find out why mine was instantly pulled-- without alerting I need to include. The publishing days on the write-ups extend the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the company has for life been on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I discovered some short articles by famous blog owners or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're generally on our own.

Checking out these articles really did not infuse much hope in me or my circumstance. The understanding of what I lost was starting to set in also.

Throughout the years I had computers collision, swiped, shed, and so on as well as rely upon Facebook to organize all my traveling and celebration pictures. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not post all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as household to watch at their discretion? There were well over 2000 photos, numerous video clips, post (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with numerous who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a very grim situation as I further understood simply what was lost.

I had to reclaim access to Facebook to manage the web pages for my clients, as well as also for my own enterprises. A number of my web pages' admin accessibility were shown a partner and were quickly held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shared with my clients, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and truly so. I, too, would certainly question the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still don't have a response to that concern. "I have no concept" is the response I still give, since its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason that my account was disabled. After reviewing the reasons Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, post sexual web content, pester anybody. so why they deleted me really did not make sense. Only after I read other write-ups did I comprehend a bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, but not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, but meant various than the rest of my household. I likewise had a client who just recently made use of a competition promo to boost their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook advertising standards, competitions can just be operated on Facebook with one of two apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't exactly held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's web site), as well as the champion was notified using e-mail (you can not reveal winners on your wall surface), I was confident this was the angering activity which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Goodbye'.

Now it had to do with a week since I originally wrote Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I took another look at the web page enabling me to speak to Facebook, and explained that I now had a far better concept about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I swore never ever to do something like that once more (was it really that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited once again. After a couple of more days I recognized something. something really vital-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never received the e-mail since it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent one more email to Facebook, this time around letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later on I finally received an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only response I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile action-- certain Facebook is a 'young' business, but I make sure there should be someone there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once again.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll choose to delete you.
2. Don't manage your numerous customer's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains removed, you won't shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a buddy" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account handicapped, as well as had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I have not attempted to contact Facebook directly because I obtained the email from Javier, but I did begin the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU sites and if you desire a person off your site, by all means delete them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the website-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to permit those that they disabled to download their account, letting them recover their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their close friends standing updates (in contrast to 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit elder in this area-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm actually considering buying stock just so they will have to listen to my grievance-- at the minimum I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and if so just how?