Is My Facebook Account Deactivated | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a large part in my life is a little bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social media sites supervisor. Not just do I use it to interact with loved ones-- however I'm forever including content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Is My Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my shock when I attempted to sign into Facebook one early morning only to get the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also mean?

I attempted to visit with one more web browser as well as I got the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a kind entry web page for those desiring to write to Facebook about their handicapped account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was disabled as well as how I can get gain access to back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I handle a variety of pages for customers, as well as was always mindful concerning the material I published-- after all, my parents get on Facebook also.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the close friends that's email addresses I in fact had and described what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that e-mail were classified into three various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you posted political stuff (I such as Ron Paul as well as common content concerning #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I research several of the short articles by others who have had their accounts impaired to find out why mine was all of a sudden pulled-- without alerting I need to include. The posting days on the articles cover the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the firm has forever been on a behind the curtain campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I located some articles by popular blog owners or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their profiles and/or web pages reabled not long after Facebook found who they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're primarily on our very own.

Checking out these write-ups really did not instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The understanding of what I shed was starting to set in too.

Throughout the years I had computer systems collision, swiped, lost, etc. and also relied on Facebook to hold all my travel and also event images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not post all my photos on Facebook for my friends and family members to view at their discernment? There were well over 2000 photos, plenty of videos, post (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with lots of who were all lost when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a very bleak scenario as I further recognized simply what was shed.

I had to restore access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my clients, and also for my own enterprises. Most of my pages' admin gain access to were shown to a companion as well as were easily held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shown my clients, whom I had to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, as well, would examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a response to that inquiry. "I have no idea" is the solution I still offer, because its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason that my account was impaired. After reading the reasons Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, message sex-related content, bug any person. so why they erased me didn't make good sense. Only after I check out other posts did I comprehend a little bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the very same, but led to various than the remainder of my family members. I likewise had a customer who recently made use of a contest promotion to enhance their email list. According to Facebook advertising standards, competitions can just be operated on Facebook through either applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook page and it was gone also. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't precisely held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), as well as the victor was informed using e-mail (you can not reveal winners on your wall surface), I was certain this was the upseting action which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Adieu'.

At this moment it was about a week given that I initially composed Facebook that fateful early morning, and also I still hadn't gotten a reply. I reviewed the page permitting me to contact Facebook, and also described that I currently had a much better idea regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I swore never to do something like that again (was it actually that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and also waited again. After a few more days I understood something. something very crucial-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever obtained the e-mail since it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent out an additional email to Facebook, this moment letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me before this e-mail, I would certainly have never gotten it.

A few days later on I finally obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only reaction I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make sure there should be someone there with far better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll choose to erase you.
2. Don't handle your numerous client's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains erased, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a pal" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month given that I had my account impaired, as well as had great deals of time to assess the experience. I haven't attempted to contact Facebook straight given that I received the e-mail from Javier, yet I did start the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a few MU websites and also if you desire somebody off your website, of course delete them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook should allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them retrieve their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their friends standing updates (in contrast to 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm really thinking about buying stock just so they will certainly have to listen to my grievance-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, as well as if so exactly how?