Facebook Deactivated My Account | Update 2019

To say that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a little an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media sites supervisor. Not just do I use it to stay connected with friends and family-- yet I'm permanently adding web content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Deactivated My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my surprise when I tried to sign right into Facebook one morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even imply?

I tried to visit with one more browser as well as I obtained the same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a type entry page for those wanting to write to Facebook about their disabled account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was disabled and also just how I can get gain access to back to the many pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I handle a range of web pages for customers, as well as was always mindful regarding the web content I published-- after all, my moms and dads are on Facebook also.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the good friends that's e-mail addresses I in fact had as well as discussed what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that e-mail were categorized into three different categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you published political things (I like Ron Paul as well as common web content concerning #OWS).
- Maybe somebody flagged you.

I read up on several of the posts by others who have had their accounts impaired to figure out why my own was suddenly drawn-- without cautioning I need to add. The posting dates on the articles extend the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the firm has actually for life been on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I discovered some posts by famous blog owners or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled not long after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the rest people, we're basically on our very own.

Reviewing these articles really did not infuse much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I lost was starting to embed in too.

Throughout the years I had computers crash, stolen, lost, and so on and also rely upon Facebook to organize all my travel and party pictures. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not upload all my photos on Facebook for my friends and household to view at their discernment? There were more than 2000 pictures, countless video clips, article (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not been able to reconnect with lots of who were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a very stark circumstance as I further realized simply what was shed.

I had to reclaim accessibility to Facebook to manage the web pages for my clients, as well as also for my very own enterprises. Most of my pages' admin access were shared with a partner as well as were easily set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shared with my clients, whom I had to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and rightfully so. I, as well, would certainly question the person I paid to manage my Facebook page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a response to that concern. "I have no suggestion" is the solution I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason why my account was handicapped. After reviewing the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add people, message sex-related material, pester anyone. so why they removed me didn't make sense. Just after I review other write-ups did I understand a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the same, yet led to different than the rest of my family. I likewise had a client that lately used a contest promotion to enhance their e-mail list. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, competitions can only be worked on Facebook with either applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook web page and also it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the contest had not been specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's website), and also the victor was informed through e-mail (you can not reveal winners on your wall), I was confident this was the angering action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

Now it had to do with a week because I initially created Facebook that eventful early morning, and I still had not received a reply. I revisited the web page allowing me to contact Facebook, and clarified that I currently had a far better idea concerning why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I vowed never ever to do something like that again (was it really that poor??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off as well as waited once again. After a few even more days I recognized something. something really crucial-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never received the email since it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent one more e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me prior to this email, I would certainly have never obtained it.

A few days later on I finally obtained an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only feedback I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' business, yet I make certain there have to be someone there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us once again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll decide to remove you.
2. Don't manage your different client's pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets removed, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a pal" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month because I had my account handicapped, as well as had lots of time to assess the experience. I have not tried to speak to Facebook directly because I obtained the e-mail from Javier, yet I did begin the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to change their disabling policy? Nope.

I handle a few MU sites and also if you desire a person off your site, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the website-- No photos to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook must permit those that they disabled to download their account, letting them retrieve their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their pals status updates (as opposed to 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm really thinking about buying stock so they will certainly have to listen to my grievance-- at least I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, as well as if so how?