My Facebook Account is Deactivated | Update 2019

To say that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a bit of an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I utilize it to stay connected with friends and family-- however I'm for life adding material to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my surprise when I tried to authorize right into Facebook one morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I tried to visit with an additional internet browser and also I got the exact same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a form entry page for those wishing to contact Facebook regarding their disabled account, and also I emailed them essentially asking why my account was disabled and also how I can get gain access to back to the countless pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I take care of a variety of pages for clients, and also was always mindful about the content I posted-- after all, my parents are on Facebook as well.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an email to the pals who's e-mail addresses I in fact had as well as discussed what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were categorized into three different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you uploaded political things (I such as Ron Paul as well as common material concerning #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I research a few of the posts by others that have had their accounts disabled to figure out why mine was instantly pulled-- without cautioning I need to add. The posting days on the short articles span the life time of Facebook, revealing that the firm has forever gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I discovered some posts by popular bloggers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the remainder people, we're generally on our own.

Checking out these articles didn't instill much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I shed was beginning to embed in also.

Over the years I had computers crash, stolen, lost, and so on and rely upon Facebook to organize all my traveling and also celebration photos. The website isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not submit all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to check out at their discretion? There were more than 2000 photos, many video clips, post (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with several that were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a really stark situation as I further recognized simply what was shed.

I needed to restore access to Facebook to manage the pages for my customers, as well as likewise for my own enterprises. A lot of my web pages' admin gain access to were shown to a companion and also were conveniently set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown my clients, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as truly so. I, also, would examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have a response to that concern. "I have no idea" is the answer I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason that my account was handicapped. After checking out the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, message sex-related content, pester anyone. so why they deleted me really did not make good sense. Only after I check out other write-ups did I understand a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, but not by a lot. It was still phonetically the exact same, but meant different than the remainder of my household. I likewise had a customer that lately used a contest promo to increase their email listing. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, competitions can just be run on Facebook through a couple of apps: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook page as well as it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's internet site), and the winner was notified by means of email (you can not announce victors on your wall surface), I was certain this was the angering action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Bye-bye'.

Now it had to do with a week given that I initially composed Facebook that eventful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I revisited the page permitting me to speak to Facebook, and also clarified that I currently had a far better suggestion concerning why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I promised never ever to do something like that once again (was it truly that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited again. After a couple of even more days I understood something. something extremely essential-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never obtained the email since it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this time letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did call me before this e-mail, I would have never ever obtained it.

A couple of days later on I finally obtained an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- sure Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I'm sure there should be a person there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never recognize if/when they'll decide to remove you.
2. Do not manage your different client's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a friend" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month because I had my account impaired, as well as had great deals of time to review the experience. I haven't tried to contact Facebook straight considering that I obtained the e-mail from Javier, but I did begin the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU websites and also if you want a person off your site, of course delete them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook should enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their close friends standing updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit more mature in this field-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm really considering buying stock so they will certainly have to pay attention to my complaint-- at the very least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, as well as if so just how?