When A Facebook Account is Deactivated | Update 2019

To say that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a little an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media manager. Not just do I utilize it to communicate with friends and family-- however I'm forever including content to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

When A Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I attempted to sign right into Facebook one morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that also suggest?

I attempted to log in with an additional web browser and I got the same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a type entry web page for those wishing to write to Facebook regarding their impaired account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was disabled and how I can get gain access to back to the many pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I take care of a range of pages for customers, and was constantly conscious regarding the material I published-- after all, my moms and dads get on Facebook as well.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the buddies that's email addresses I really had and explained what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were categorized right into 3 different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you uploaded political things (I such as Ron Paul as well as common content about #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I read up on a few of the articles by others who have had their accounts disabled to find out why mine was instantly pulled-- without alerting I should add. The publishing dates on the articles cover the life time of Facebook, showing that the firm has actually for life been on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I discovered some posts by famous blog writers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the remainder people, we're basically on our own.

Reading these short articles really did not impart much hope in me or my situation. The awareness of what I lost was beginning to set in too.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, stolen, lost, and so on and rely upon Facebook to host all my traveling and also celebration images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not submit all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and also family to watch at their discernment? There were well over 2000 pictures, plenty of video clips, article (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't been able to reconnect with several who were all lost when Facebook impaired my account). This was looking to be a really bleak situation as I further realized just what was shed.

I needed to regain accessibility to Facebook to manage the web pages for my customers, as well as likewise for my own ventures. A number of my web pages' admin gain access to were shown to a partner as well as were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown my customers, whom I needed to contact to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and rightfully so. I, also, would examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a solution to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the solution I still offer, since its real. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason why my account was handicapped. After reviewing the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, post sex-related content, bug anybody. so why they deleted me didn't make good sense. Just after I review other short articles did I understand a bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, yet led to various than the rest of my family members. I additionally had a client that recently used a contest promo to enhance their e-mail listing. According to Facebook promotional guidelines, competitions can only be run on Facebook with either apps: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest had not been exactly hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's internet site), and also the champion was informed through email (you can not reveal victors on your wall), I was confident this was the offending action which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

At this moment it was about a week since I originally composed Facebook that eventful morning, and I still hadn't gotten a reply. I revisited the page permitting me to call Facebook, as well as clarified that I now had a better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never to do something like that once again (was it really that bad??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited again. After a few even more days I understood something. something very important-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never received the email since it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent an additional email to Facebook, this moment letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did call me before this email, I would certainly have never gotten it.

A couple of days later on I finally received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only action I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- sure Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I'm sure there should be someone there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll decide to erase you.
2. Don't manage your numerous customer's pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets removed, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a pal" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month given that I had my account handicapped, and had great deals of time to review the experience. I haven't tried to speak to Facebook straight because I obtained the email from Javier, but I did start the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the unfavorable experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I handle a few MU sites as well as if you desire somebody off your website, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies status updates (instead of 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm actually thinking about buying stock so they will have to pay attention to my complaint-- at the very least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, as well as if so how?