This Account Has Been Deactivated Facebook | Update 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a huge part in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media supervisor. Not just do I utilize it to stay connected with friends and family-- however I'm forever adding material to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

This Account Has Been Deactivated Facebook



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I attempted to sign into Facebook one morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even imply?

I attempted to log in with another browser as well as I obtained the same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook supplied a type entry web page for those wanting to write to Facebook concerning their disabled account, and I emailed them generally asking why my account was handicapped as well as exactly how I can obtain accessibility back to the many web pages I'm an admin for. I described that I manage a range of pages for customers, and also was always mindful concerning the web content I uploaded-- besides, my moms and dads get on Facebook too.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the friends who's e-mail addresses I actually had and also clarified what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be spoken to by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were classified into 3 different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you posted political stuff (I like Ron Paul as well as shared web content about #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I read up on a few of the short articles by others who have actually had their accounts impaired to figure out why my own was all of a sudden pulled-- without advising I must include. The publishing dates on the posts span the life time of Facebook, showing that the firm has actually permanently gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some short articles by renowned blog owners or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook users had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the remainder people, we're primarily on our own.

Reading these write-ups didn't infuse much hope in me or my scenario. The awareness of what I shed was beginning to set in as well.

For many years I had computers crash, swiped, shed, etc. and count on Facebook to organize all my traveling and event pictures. The site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not publish all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as household to check out at their discernment? There were more than 2000 pictures, countless videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the calls (I still have not been able to reconnect with numerous that were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a really stark situation as I further understood simply what was lost.

I needed to gain back accessibility to Facebook to manage the web pages for my customers, and likewise for my very own ventures. Most of my web pages' admin gain access to were shared with a companion as well as were quickly held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook pages admin accessibility were shown my clients, whom I needed to contact to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, also, would certainly question the individual I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still don't have a response to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the response I still give, because its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason that my account was disabled. After reading the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, blog post sexual web content, harass anybody. so why they removed me really did not make sense. Only after I review various other posts did I recognize a little bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by a lot. It was still phonetically the exact same, yet spelled various than the rest of my household. I likewise had a client that just recently made use of a contest promo to raise their e-mail listing. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, contests can just be worked on Facebook with one of two applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page and it was gone too. Aha!

Although the contest had not been specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's website), and the champion was notified through email (you can not introduce winners on your wall), I was confident this was the angering activity which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this moment it was about a week considering that I initially composed Facebook that fateful morning, and I still had not gotten a reply. I revisited the page allowing me to contact Facebook, as well as clarified that I currently had a far better concept about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never to do something like that again (was it truly that negative??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off as well as waited once more. After a couple of more days I recognized something. something very crucial-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever received the e-mail due to the fact that it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent out another e-mail to Facebook, this time letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me before this e-mail, I would certainly have never ever gotten it.

A few days later I lastly received an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only response I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I'm sure there must be somebody there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us again.' OK Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll determine to remove you.
2. Don't handle your various client's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets erased, you won't shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a good friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month given that I had my account disabled, as well as had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to speak to Facebook directly since I got the email from Javier, but I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the negative experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling plan? Nope.

I take care of a few MU sites as well as if you want a person off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the website-- No pictures to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook must allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies status updates (as opposed to 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit elder in this area-- especially with their IPO revealed. I'm really taking into consideration buying stock so they will need to pay attention to my complaint-- at the minimum I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and also if so exactly how?